Thursday, June 4, 2009

Strings, Bows, and Rosin

Continuing my efforts to keep myself busy and do something useful these next few months, I went to my father's house to collect some more of my things (as I have been moving out gradually for about two years now.) Lo and behold, I found an item that was very very special to me for quite a few years, my cello. Unfortunately it's neither the right size for me anymore nor in good condition, but now I've become fixated on getting better and practicing so I can play again. Ok, I wont be playing like I used to, and I wont have a personal tutor to visit all the time, but I'd really love to be competant. Another hurdle will be string replacement, since my strings are well over 4 years old, and my A string snapped while I was tuning the thing...

Well, gotta get to Sam Ash at some point, but I was incredibly excited to see my old friend this morning!

No comments: