I forgot to mention the craziest thing we do out here in the Hamptons, and it's probably the most fun I've had or will have with family. Pinochle. I love this card game, and have finally learned all the rules and am getting better about the point values, but my grandparents go nuts over it! The card game is how they met, on a double-date, blind date, playing pinochle. They really wont let me leave this place without playing, so of course, after dinner we played two games of it. The partners switch, except my grandmother and grandfather never play together. They'd end up eating each other alive or having heart attacks...
I really want to find a club or some group to join somewhere in NJ, cuz I love playing but only my mother and younger brother know how to play besides me and you need 4 people. I know this game seems old fashioned, but if you like puzzles or card games, it's a fabulous logic and strategy game, and it's got its thrill ride when it comes down to making your bid.
Anyways, that was my last little fun before leaving tomorrow morning. I'm editing a grant mother's writing for a little money this week, and her best friend (sort of a pseudo-aunt to me) is hiring me to transcribe and go on interviews for her dissertation, so I'll at least have something scheduled and more focused to work on. This no schedule has been driving me nuts! It was good for a few days, but I need a goal to work towards...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment