Last year I tried an experiment with my big brother and grew my veggies for the summer in plastic bins. It was his idea, and he had tried it one season when he lived down by his college and didn't have space for a real garden. We put a hole in the bottom, filled them with soil and planted the seeds. Because animals are such an issue with the plants around here, we taped chicken wire around the buckets, about five feet high. Maybe not the prettiest contraption, but the plants grew really well. So we tried it again this year, and sure enough, they're growing about two feet a day. I took a photo of my bean plant this morning, and this afternoon I come home, and it has grown another foot at least! I'm glad someone is benefiting from all this rain...
Morning

Afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment