Saturday, May 9, 2009

To my SeGis 1,3, Chuffi, and Tiger Nuts

Well, I realized today that my SeGi's are my oldest friends at this point. For those who did not travel with us this summer, that stands for Seance Girls, because we've been having a lame teenage version of seances twice a year or so since we were about 10. And of course, since it's almost that time of year again for me to need to see my awesome friends so bad I can hardly stand it, I now can hardly stand it! I miss my friends, and I love that we are all over the place, ranging from California to England, and can still be as great as we are. I talked to Julia the other day, and she mentioned feeling nostalgic lately. I didn't really say it, but I actually feel quite the same. I loved going to the high school I did, but I really don't like that I didn't even get to see my friends graduate. I didn't get to go to prom with them. I feel like at this point they know me better than almost anybody, and I should have had those crazy experiances with them. Whatever. Se la vie. (To use a little French for you guys, haha)

So, SeGis, if you read this anytime soon, I need another seance! I need to hear about your lives, and have you guys call me out when I lie about my state of sanity. I need to talk to a bunch of people who get where I'm coming from, and I need the kind of get together we used to have, ;) . Yikes, I've been remembering the first seance's soundtrack and how terribly awkward we were. Remember Pink Fire???? AHAHAHAH. what a band. what a band. And there's always the last day of school before I left, when Julia and I ran around writing poetry on each blackboard, thinking we were so deep...ayayay. What say we coerce Laur to have this at her place, DDR, corn fields, and all?


And I concede and want to learn French, and perhaps travel entendedly to Paris...I know, swore I never would...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! I will totally host.
~Lauren

Anonymous said...

Catherine, I was reminiscing with a new friend the other day about our emo middle-school lives, and I had a huge Pink Fire flashback, probably for the first time.
I am up for any get together soon, as I am now home from nauseatingly liberal MA!
-Jess