My grandparents cam this weekend to see my younger brother in a play he was in, called The Audition. It was a cute play, and well done and organized (especially compared to most of the plays he's in) and my other brother, parents, and grandparents came. My grandfather, who always dotes quite heavily on me, came in tow with a ton of flowers for our garden from my uncle's greenhouses out in LI. He also came with his classicly brown-paper-wrapped personalized gifts. He now calls me his "young artist", and so gets me gifts that art related all the time. It's adorable. He also knows I love jewelry, so they brought me an earring/necklace set from Bermuda. And on his way out he slipped me a card that he said I should use to get my younger brother wherehe needs to go and go wherever I want, and it was a $100 gas card! He is always slipping me these gifts without telling anyone he's even bought them, and I just love it. My grandmother, as we were talking over dinner, offered me her old furs and hats. My grandfather was in the fur business, and used to get her incredible pieces. Now she doesnt wear them, and enjoys passing on her collection of expensive stuff...
Later on we played the Apples to Apples game with the family, including my older brother's girlfriend who I adore. The game was great! It was pretty well matched. Overall, it was a pretty fantastic day for all of us!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment