15 years ago
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Art, and more Art
Just the other day, my friend at work invited me to the Big Bambu installation reception up in Beacon, NY, for Mike Starn. This friend apparently knows Starn, and thought it would be fun, me being a budding artist socialite looking for shows to see, and him a friend of a bunch of artists and more in the know. I really love that he invited me, since this I think is only the third or fourth time I've been invited to one...and I'm rather upset I couldn't make it. Not to say I wasn't having fun doing something else, I saw a great play instead. However, I love gallery receptions when I'm a guest and not in the show, so I was sorry to have to turn down my friend. I get to despise the small shows I have to do at my school after a while, and these are only told about to students, though they're public shows. So, while I have this reprieve from my own work and crit, I am definitely planning to enjoy the rest of the art world. I was, thankfully, excited by all I've seemed to have learned this year, although I didn't realize it until I went to the Philidelphia Musuem of Art today. May have temporarily boosted my drive for the subject...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment