Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thought I was finished, but I guess there was another one...

If you

If you could hear

The songs I write for

The sunsets burning

To the harmony

Of my well-being.


If you could ask the autumn leaves

What they see on my face

When no one else

Glories in their reinvention,

They’d chuckle and dance in the wind.


If you could watch

How my dreams fill the page,

Inhaling their first breath

With the sweep of my 5B,

And a light touch of hope.


If you could be enveloped

By the love in my house,

Hugged by my memories

Ten years early,

With the same family

I was supposed to leave behind.


If you could smell

The gifts I bake the world,

The sweet nourishment

As they swirl in the bowl

Of creativity and sate.


If you could sing with me

At sunrise,

Letting the robins

Sleep in this season,

While I guide the morning

Into the afternoon

You know so well.


If you could interact

With all the characters,

From all the worlds,

That reside inside

The imagination of

My overactive potential.


If you could breathe in

The familiar crisp of change,

Rejoicing in the motion

Of breathing, peacefully,

As a part of the most magnificent

Of worlds. Yours.


If you could see who I am

When I’m the person I love to be,

You would wish to be

The person you love to be, too.

And I would love you for it.


If only you could see me.




CLR

No comments: