Sunday, October 4, 2009

Loving October

Well, I had another incredible weekend with my family. A few months ago my mother and I found out about this really awesome old theatre in Jersey City, the Loews, where they show old silent films, and Saturday was the opening of the season. So my parents, younger brother, and I drove up, had dinner, and went to see this historic "movie palace". I was pretty much stunned when I walked in. Amazing! The organ accompaniment, too, was amazing. This place is run only by volunteers and I was thinking about offering to help out in their restoration of the place.
Secondly, today I went to yet one more incredible show at McCarter Theatre. It was a performance of Having Our Say, and very well done. Their staging is so cool. There was one set that slid by itself onto stage and included a functioning kitchen, in which they made a sauce and real meatloaf.
Thirdly, I was able to watch my big brother play soccer for the first time since he was in high school. He recently joined an adult men's team in the area, and this was the first game I could make it to. I love watching those games, and I got to spend time with his girlfriend, too, on the sidelines. It felt like such a classic fall day, it was great.
It turns out, October is way more awesome than September...

Here are a few photos of the old theatre I tried to take. Some are blurry, cuz it was so dark in there, but I didn't have my nicer camera...



No comments: