I know I'm supposed to be super-duper peppy and excited about everything on my trip, but I'm really tired of constantly being around people all the time. The sites are truly amazing, and I cannot even express how inspiring they are, but you start to feel seriously cramped when every minute of it, you have to look out for someone's foot who you're standing next to, or walking at that awkward pace groups always have, or making awkward conversation with people and nothing more. Like people, if you're gonna walk, make up your mind and MOVE. From the minute I wake up in the morning to when I go to bed (or try to, after I've kicked my chatting roommates and others out of the room I sleep in) I am surrounded by the same people all the time. I'm more of a me person. I really like spending hours by myself, not mere seconds. Eek! I needed that rant...
After the first week, think there will be any luck on people splitting off more? I've realized it's impossible to maintain boundaries and act anything like a college student "should." Soooo, I'm done acting like a college student after this trip. No, I don't want to get drunk, stoned, and whatever else. No, I don't want to get 3 hours of sleep and then complain about how tired I am. No, I don't want to make other people happy by doing stupid things. Get a gut and a brain people! It's not that terrifying having opinions that don't rely on the people around you. Geesh.
Maybe I'll choose to go somewhere this weekend where others really don't want to go! Ahh, two days of freedom, that'd be fantastic. Who knows if I'd come back to Paris... :)
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment