Have to be honest, tonight I'm feeling kind of like a failure right now. I can't deal with the roommates. I've done this situation before many times, I don't know why I can't do this now. I'm both disappointed in myself for not being able to deal with it and desperate to find somewhere else to stay. Oh well...
If anyone needs the peppier, happy postings, here's the link to the official summer blog that everyone and their cousin is apparently reading. No, it's good, really. I like that everyone is enjoying it. Here's the link:http://aparisiansummer.blogspot.com/
In the meantime, here is where I will post what I'd only admit to friends I know well. Like the fact that today was not a good day even though it was supposed to be.
15 years ago
3 comments:
I love you guys more than I can possibly explain (and believe me, I've tried and it just sounds ridiculous).
That doesn't mean that in Barcelona I wasn't emailing my mother every other hour wondering why on earth I wanted nothing more than to strangle everyone on the planet.
There's something about roommates. I don't know what it is, and I don't know how to deal with it.
And frick days having to be good. Let them be bad.
That's rough :\
Roommates can be difficult. Even when you're in Paris. If they're anything like the roommates I had when I stayed in France (many of whom I loved, but still...), I'm guessing they're loud, stay up late, obsessed with drinking, and way too excited to just be crazy college kids while they're in a foreign country?
Anyway, stay focused, fuck the bad days, and try to enjoy yourself and get as much out of it as you possibly can :)
Myte- I wanted to strangle you too! :) but that was different, this is like I don't think I would ever even be friends with these people if I saw them once a decade. Like you fight with all roommates, but usually I can at least be friendly with them. I think maybe it's because these two are pharmacy majors, haven't had one art/art history course and are 18...oh dear.
Lauren- you totally got it! That's them. The entire group stayed out until anywhere from 4 to 6:30 in the morning drinking or partying and then they all whine that they're tired for class at 9...
I'm hoping to leave Paris on weekends to escape their insanity. Maybe get one night worth of sleep! Someone from the program called our room this morning at 5 am, and my roommate came in giggling and just said sorry, then proceeded to pick up the phone and have a conversation! seriously?
Also, if anyone knows anyone in Paris who is looking for a temporary roomie, I'd be glad to live elsewhere in the city! :) im really serious about that.
Post a Comment