Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring and the Phoebe

Now that I had my first taste of real spring, I've got my flee instinct I get every year. I always need to get the hell out of wherever I am, and go somewhere else. In the summer, I'm constantly moving, and typically, and I admit preferably, on my own, whether it be in NJ or abroad, or even at my grandparent's, at the beach. I love love love the Spring, and I definitely enjoy it, but it's like now I'm done with sitting around and inside, and I want to escape the doldrums by going somewhere else.
Now is when I love to go to Spain, or Germany, or even just Long Island, and sit outside until like 8:30 and just listen, or ride my bike. I love that calm feeling of being in a completely removed culture from the usual, and having no one know you're there, or having anyone be able to contact you. Surprisingly, I hate camping. I love having resources, and being able to feel secluded and living somewhere away from the people I know, even in the middle of a big city. I love even more when I don't have to speak English, and I can completely escape and be seen not as an American teenager. Love It Love It Love It. I need to find something to do this summer, even if it just gets me out of my town and my house...anything! I get really antsy seeing airplanes, and butterflies, and anything that can leave here. Maybe I'll try to go to Boston or DC at least.

And I googled a new bird today. The Phoebe. And wrote a poem with it's mention. It's my new favorite Spring creature! Have I mentioned I love birds?? Well, if I haven't, I do. And this one's adorable...

No comments: