Sunday, February 28, 2010

For the past few weeks I've been working on the costumes for my little bro's musical, Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. For those of you who didn't know me before I was ten, I was obsessed with this musical for years. I still know every word and note to the operetta. Thought I was crazy getting dragged into costuming, but it has been a total blast! Last night was opening night, and everything went great! It's not much of a secret that I am a second mom to my younger brother, and I adored seeing him perform. He's gotten so much better! The issue now, however, is that I was planning to study abroad next Spring. This would be the second half of my brother's senior year in high school, when he does his final musical. I really don't want to miss that or his graduation. So I was thinking of studying abroad fall of my senior year instead. That would be Jason's freshman year, and he'll be out of the house anyway. Plus, all of my friends at school will have graduated by then. The solution seems to work, I just don't want to find any more excuses to postpone and not go...

For now, though, I have something more to add to my portfolio. Might even look for a job working at a theatre. Jason and I want to become a Tim Rice/Andrew Lloyd Weber duo and write amazing things now, too, since Jason has started composing.

Btw, did I mention that I totally have a crush on one of the kids playing Joseph this year? Makes the show even better. :)

No comments: