Wednesday, September 23, 2009

white flowers

So yesterday I was feeling kind of antsy and rushed, wanting to get to school and get to class, for no reason in particular. I was on this road by my house, getting annoyed behind a slow driver, when I saw this grandfather pushing a kid in a stroller. He suddenly stopped the stroller, and walked up a hill to these bushes, leaving the kid on the sidewalk. I was starting to get really annoyed at this grandfather, too, for just leaving the kid there. Then I saw the grandfather come down the hill with a bundle of these beautiful white blossoms from the tree on the hill, bend over, and give the flowers to his grandson. Each of the flowers were about the size of the kid's head! It was so sweet! I kept thinking about this grandfather's gesture all day, and it made my day really much better, and I slowed down a bit after that. It was just a really touching moment, and unexpected when you're driving...

No comments: