Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving resolution

Happy turkey day, or in my case, I guess, tofurkey day. Thought I'd fill everybody in on my most recent self-bettering project. Most only last about a week, so we'll see, but I will try to stick it out. I have been very inspired  to do something because of all the Disney and Pixar books, movies, etc. that I've been looking at lately. So, I've decided to ramp up my drawing in hopes that it will become artistic production, or inspire other production, or at least just improve my drawing abilities. This blog post is a witness that I am promising myself at least 5 drawings a day until 2011, and then after the new year, 5 additional drawings a day each month. That way, in a year, I'll be at 60 drawings a day (ambitious I know). This might seem insane, but really, if I want to be excellent I need it. Ubb Iworks, who was Walt Disney's original partner in animation and helped create many of his early works, at the height of production, produced over 600 cels (drawings) a day. Mine don't need to be fancy or tedious, I just need practice physically, and intellectually in composing and putting down quick sketches.  I've already begun in 3 different sketchbooks. One I take to school, one is at home downstairs, and one sits up by my bed. Think I'm crazy? Me too. But we'll see how it goes...hopefully, I'll get close to the 11,875.

No comments: